The day before I gave birth to little Bethany, I posted on the 10 things I miss most about my old self. Now an update on these things after 3.5 weeks.
- Sleeping on my stomach - I am really enjoying this on occasion, but I had forgotten that it is still quite tough when you are breastfeeding.
- Getting out of bed or from the floor without a sharp pain going down my hips/legs
- Alas, still feel the pain. I guess carrying around a huge baby does things to your muscles and ligaments that even 3.5 weeks cannot fix. It is not quite as bad as it was before she was born or the 2 weeks after, but I am definitely still not pain free. Maybe another couple weeks.
- Eating sushi - No time to even go out to get sushi, much less eat it. I want some sushi, and I want it soon! I hope my DH is reading this...
- Holding Jonathan - I have been carrying him a lot more than before, but see #2. He is a heavy 32 lbs, and he asked to be held a few times this week especially to watch me book. I lasted only about 10 mins each time before I had to set him down on the counter.
- Feeling energetic - I am still so tired I could sleep all day. I had forgotten how hard it was to feed every 2 to 3 hours and to nap in between. I guess some things do not change much before or after. I am still in nesting mode. I just feel the need to clean sometimes still. So I try to get up the energy for that.
- Tying my shoes - Again, #2 gets me. The back pain makes this still hard. But on the bright side, I am able to SEE my feet now! :)
- Wearing my skinny jeans - I am back in my skinny jeans! Yeah! I put them on and hoped they would fit. And they did! Okay, they look better when I am skinnier, but at least they fit again. I hate wearing maternity jeans. Ugh!
- Not carrying around an extra 38 lbs - I am not back to my old weight, but I am down to the last 13 lbs. My goal is to be back to my old weight by Bethany's 2nd month which is about how long it took last time with J. We shall see.
- Hugging my hubby - We started hugging again, though not that often. It seems one of us is always holding a little newborn or a toddler these days. Maybe in a few weeks.
- Dancing with Jonathan - I am read more to him now that I am home, but not dancing as much as before. We do enjoy music together though.
Someone is begging for a midnight snack, so I better run.