Time flies. Just three years ago today, our little bundle of joy arrived. And now she is 3! Wow! A few observations about Bethany:
- The little wheels are always turning in her brain. She is a great strategic negotiator. "I should only have to eat 2 broccoli since I am 2. Jonathan can eat 5 since he is five." But then later, when I am giving out mochis, "I want 5 pieces of mochi because I am going to be 5." I ask her when. She says, "I am 2 now. Then I will be 3. Then 4, and then 5. See I am going to be 5 just like Jonathan!"
- Bethany loves to sing and dance. We often hear tunes coming out of her room late into the night as she sings herself to sleep.
- She must must sleep with Pooh bear. We have 3, two of which Jonathan has (one of which he is keeping safe for Danielle). She never wants "yucky bear" but the other two are fair game. Then comes Baby Bear from Aunt Susan, and Tutu (Chinese for rabbit) from Uncle Stuart. Add to that three Hello Kitty dolls, a dinosaur, a couple dogs, and turtle and you have the entire menagerie.
- She just started pre-school. We worried about her fitting in with the younger kids since she is so tall and mature. So we asked if she could join the older class. She is the youngest in her class now, and she is the second tallest. I hope she will be 6 ft tall someday. :)
- Bethany loves her baby sister, but she wants to make sure she gets her own Mommy time. Bethany said that she wants to be Mommy's favorite, but that Daddy should love Jonathan and Danielle more. Hm... I hope to come back and read this someday when she is a teenager and smile.
- She wants to be just like her big brother. Even though he is 2.5 years older, she likes to think she is also 5. Always keeping up with the older boys. She is upset when Jonathan and their cousin Noah (also 5) do not let her play with them. But when I ask why she does not play with Olivia (who is only a few months younger than B), she says, "Olivia is too small to play with."
- Her favorite food is shrimp dumplings and potstickers. Yum!
- I was not a girly girl growing up, so I am not sure where Bethany's preference for pink came from. But there is pink everywhere. Do they not make clothes in any other color?
Happy birthday, Bethany!