Design Team member Andrea Wiebe created this wonderful Hostess Gift Tutorial. Andrea provided
a supply list and easy to follow step-by-step written instructions as well as color photos.
We hope you give this a try.
Cardstock (3 X 9 inches)
Printed Paper (3 X 3 inches) I used Daisy D’s
Maya Road Ribbons
Needle and Thread
Mini RSVP pen made by Pentel
3 X 3 Sticky Note Pad (such as Post-It-Notes)
Small Velcro Piece
Instructions for Notepaper Holder:
1. Score cardstock at 2", 2 ½", 5 ½", and 6"
2. Fold on score line and glue notepad in on the centre area.
3. For the “pen holder”, cut a piece of ribbon to 3". I used Maya Road
Velvet Cream Ric Rac. Wrap around lid of pen and glue onto the back of the notepad
holder. Making sure that the pen is resting on the top of the holder.
4. Cover back with printed paper. I cut a scalloped circle out of a
corresponding paper for added decoration
5. Stick on a Velcro piece to the front “flap” to keep notebook closed.
To create flower:
1. Cut 7 strips of Peace Ribbon - Flowers to measure 2 ½". Fold one strip in half and
stitch onto thread. Continue with each piece.
2. Stitch the last Peace Ribbon piece to the first…to make a circle.
3. Pull to gather, sew button in centre.
4. Glue onto front of notepaper holder. Stick a “glue dot” onto the back
of each petal and puff up a little.
To create pen:
1. Remove “ink stick” from pen barrel.
2. Cut 3 ¼" inches of Peace Ribbon - Flower.
3. Gently twist ribbon into pen barrel.
4. Replace ink stick.