Hi everyone from Townsville Australia, hope all of you that managed to go to CHA had a blast. I am enjoying seeing all the pictures. I have made up a Welcome Wall Hanging for my project (since I have just moved house). I love lots of bits on my projects and I love covering things with papers!!
For this project you will need the following:
Additional items needed:
patterned papers (I used Crate paper)
Cuttlebug (dots embossing folder)
To create this project I did the following:
1. Cover the 8 x 8 page with paper, trim and sand edges.
2. take the first house from the Accordion house album cover and sand edges.
3. I used a scallop die cut over the windows as a trim and cut the centres out.
4. Cover the chipboard trees and trunks and sand edges. I also inked the tree trunks.
5. Cover the centre 2 pieces of the scroll frame and sand the edges.
6. Cover the heart and sand edges, also the small heart from the hearts chipboard set.
7. Cut out 2 leaf shapes from patterned paper.
8. Ink your letters and the border frame.
9. Cover the chipboard bird and sand.
To create the roof for the house I did the following
a. cut all the edges off 2 square scallop coasters
b. Trace the roof section of your house to create a template for your scallop roof (I traced mine onto a scrap of chipboard.
c. layer your scallop edges onto your template so you can trim down each piece, cut down to size.
d. I also added shim to the door of the house.
e. Now attach metal shim to each of these pieces (use strong glue I used Pritt) and allow to dry.
f. Once dry trim the shim to the scallop shape, then run them trough the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder.
g. I inked the edges and sanded them a bit to rough them up.
Now attach the roof pieces to your house and allow to dry. And insert the door, then glue on the mini heart.
Now all we need to do is attach all the pieces.
First add the trees, both hang over the edge slightly, then add the tree trunks.
Use some mounting tape to give height to your house and add it inbetween the 2 trees with part of the roof over the top edge of the page.
Now punch 2 holes at the top of the page for the wire. Twist wire, add 3 buttons to each side and attach to your project.
Add the inked border to hide the join in the 2 papers, then adhere the scroll frame in the centre.
Add your welcome words to the bottom section.
Place the leaves you cut out onto the scroll frame and adhere, adding the heart in the centre.
Add 3 random buttons to each tree, and place the bird onto the tree on the right. (I added a small bling shape to make an eye)
Add a scallop trim to the base of the project (mine is a die cut) then add the green pom pom trim as well.
Finally to finish up use your pen to doodle the edges of all the shapes.
I hope you enjoy the project.