Have you seen the Airmail mail box with the postage stamp edge mini album inside? I think it gets missed sometimes and it is such a cute project to make. I have had this cute little mailbox sitting on my shelf for a bit now just waiting for me to start it.
I had several ideas for it...but then I rented the movie, "PS I love you" and I knew that was the title that I would use. I just did a simple family album inside but there are many different things you could do with the mailbox. The possibilities are endless.
Maya Road Supply List-
Love Ticket Singleton Stamp (words from it)
Basics (trimmer, scissors etc)
Brown Ink (Ranger Distress Ink)
Ranger Crackle Paint (to match your papers)
Colored Ink (that matches your papers)
large vintage style flower or rose
1. Paint or ink edges of mailbox with white paint. This way if there are edges peeking out, they will be covered. Set aside to dry.
2. Paint edges of postage stamp mini book white, set aside to dry.
3. Cut a piece of patterned paper to apx. 11 3/4" by 7". Ink edges in brown. Adhere to mail box starting from bottom edge (your bottom of your mailbox will be a separate piece of paper) and wrap around the top.
4. Trace and cut bottom and ends of mailbox. Ink edges and adhere.
5. Cover flag with patterned paper and exacto knife the edges to trim off excess. Ink and add bits of crackle paint to add a chippy paint distressed look to it. Poke a hole through the brad hole going from the inside of the mailbox out. Secure flag using provided brad.
6. Ink and crackle paint embellishments (I used the Cherry Blossoms on my mailbox.)
7. Using fabric glue adhere pom pom trim to outside edges of box.
8. Tie ribbon around front of mailbox.
9. Poke hole through front of mailbox and then using a long brad secure large flower to front of mailbox. Adhere paper on the inside flap to cover brad.
10. Apply "PS I Love You" to box using letter stickers.
11. Sand edges of mini album for a shabby look. Ink with colored ink lightly in random areas and add touches of crackle paint for a chippy paint look. Do this to the mailbox also. Go light and easy.
12. Cut papers for mini album to a 3"x5" size. Ink edges and outline with black pen. Adhere to mini album pages.
13. Add pictures to mini album. Embellish with chipboard pieces, trims, flowers and letter sticker.
14. Tie bow to chain. Done.
Just think, you can always have a "good mail day" with this little mailbox and album!
PS- Have a great day! (sorry, I had too!)