Do you have a new baby joining the family or a friend with one on the way? My cousin and his wife are expecting a baby girl in May, so I thought I would make a sign for her room. You can use this in place of a "card" as I intend to do. I think it is a nice alternative to a card and it can be displayed. I couldn't decide on just 1 or 2 background papers, so I decided to make small squares, like a quilt and then I was able to add 4 patterned papers. You can use as many as you want. You can even just use an assortment of different scraps. To keep things mixed up, I used 4 different types of chipboard alpha too. This works well if you don't have a full set of one alpha available.
1. Maya Road 8x8 Binder Book- 1 page
2. Maya Road Signature Ribbon
3. Maya Road Wings Chipboard Keychain
5. Maya Mist
6. Maya Road Scrolls II Chipboard Set
7. Maya Road Scallop Frames Chipboard Set
9. Maya Road Trinkets Jewel Flowers
10. Patterned paper and coordinating cardstock
13. Sparkle glaze
14. Glossy Accents by Ranger
17. Stickles by Ranger
1. Spray both sides of the chipboard page with Maya Mist. Let dry or dry with a heat tool. Coverage does not need to be perfectly even on the front side since it will be mostly covered with paper.
2. Cut 16 squares of patterned paper in size 1 1/2x 1 1/2. Mount those to 16 squares of coordinating cardstock in size 1 3/4x 1 3/4.
3. Adhere them to chipboard page evenly, taking care that the holes in the page are at the top. Punch out 2 of the holes through the patterned paper (to be able to add ribbon to hang).
4. Ink and glitter "Heaven" and set aside to dry.
5. Ink and cover "Sent" with Glossy Accents and set aside to dry.
6. Ink your angel wings and paint with sparkle glaze and set aside to dry.
7. Ink your chipboard scroll and cover with 1st color of Stickles. Set aside to dry. Once dry add accent color of stickles to scroll.
8. For the added initial keychain- ink round chipboard scallop frame on the front and back. Ink your initial (baby's 1st initial if known, if not then use last name initial). Cover initial with Stickles and set aside to dry. Once dry add 3 jewel flowers to initial.
9. Adhere chipboard title, angel wings and scroll to sign.
10. Adhere Maya Road blossoms and leaves, ribbon tied in a bow and jewels to sign.
11. Attach ribbon through holes in top of sign to hang.
12. Attach initial keychain.
13. Give as a gift to that special new arrival.
Debbie Harmer :)