Today we are excited to share the creative genius of our Maya Road Guest Designer, Sharon Ong! Sharon created this totally cute 'shadowbox' magnet out of a Maya Road packaging that caught our eye - talk about creative! We are sure that if you love your Maya Road, you'd have lots of Maya Road packaging lying around, and Sharon shares steps and tips on creating this gorgeous piece of art. We bet you'll be reaching out for the nearest Maya Road packaging after reading this post!
Sharon says: I usually save the transparent portion of the Maya Road packaging to use as a paint palette. But as part of a challenge blog project, we had to recycle packaging from scrapbooking products. I thought the Maya Road packaging would make a great mini shadowbox fridge magnet!
Step 1. CUT!
- plastic packaging for the 'window'
- corner of another plastic packaging for the roof
- a piece of cardboard box for the base (I used cardboard box 'cos its lighter)
- pieces of cardboard box for the frame
Step 3. SEAL IT UP!
- seal up your shadowbox and attach the roof all with strong liquid glue
- Use either cloth tape or washi tape or masking tape to seal up the sides
Step 4. DECORATE SOME MORE!
- Decorate the outside of the shadowbox with anything else you like. I added a misted Maya Road chipboard sentiment, Maya Road trinket pins and flowers. Even a Maya Road spool as a roof!
Step 5. ADD A MAGNET ON THE BACK OF YOUR SHADOWBOX!
- You are done and ready to create more!
Now wasn't that amazing, Roadies? Thank you so much Sharon for sharing your creativity with us, we love your project! Stay tuned for more guest designer posts coming your way, we are always on the lookout to feature creative Maya Road talent! Have a creative week!