Hello again. If it seems like you're seeing a lot of me, yes, you're right.
Yes, I just posted on Friday, but that was for the Epiphany swap and this is for a completely different reason.
I like to attempt things where the ending is not a sure thing. Like this flower:
It thought it would be really cool to have the inside of the flower be orange and the outside be pink. Just like a rose in my parents' garden. The interiour is a lovely golden orange and as you move to the outer edge of the petal, the color changes to a vibrant pink. I thought it would be cool to try that. So I took the wand of Sunburst Orange Maya Mist and ran it around the interior part of our Vintage Burlap Rose in Cream, it looked pretty cool because it kind of wicked outward, just like I was hoping. Next I took Dragon Fruit Pink Maya Mist and sprayed the rest of the flower.
It didn't work. The two colors blended too well. It just looked like an orangey-pink flower. I wanted you to be able to see the change.
So, when things don't work, I'll often run them under water to get as much of the mist out as I can. And the colors looked a lot less intense when I did that this time. I started seeing the verigation and I was happy, so I left the flower to dry over night.
And in the morning I had the sweetest surprise.
The color had almost completely wicked out of the inside of each curl of the flower and settled at the outer edge of each "petal." I was what I was looking for in the first place, only in different colors. Now I had a soft creamy orange on the inside and a dark pinky orange on the outside. It was a nice surprise, not something I could have planned.
The moral of my story is this: When you are using our mists, if at first it doesn't work, add water. You might be pleasantly surprised with the results.