I often get ideas for my creating while walking the aisles of Target. I saw a pillow there one day and knew it would be the perfect way to showcase a cool way to use our Paper Twine Cording. I'll be honest, the cover took me a long time, but I love how it turned out, it was so worth it. I decided to make a mini album to give to my parents, this is the result:
I cut lengths of the twine, got them wet (because they are easier to work with that way), and then partially untwisted them, and wove a couple of strands together, glued them to the cover of the Heart Chipboard Album, then trimmed it to fit.
Each page in the album contains part of a quote that I loved and felt applied well to how my parents raised their family. I painted every page white, then rubbed on some Antique Silver Maya Mist to soften the white. Between all the pages I used the following products:
- A glittered up house from the Welcome Home Chipboard set.
- A cream heart pin from the Hearts-Cream and Red set.
- The Jonathon Chipboard Alphabet set.
- The Jonathon Mini Chipboard Alphabet set.
- The Danielle Chipboard Alphabet set.
- The Daniel Chipboard Mixed Alphabet set.
- The Bethany Chipboard Alphabet set.
- The Metro Uppercase Alphabet stamp set.
- Paper Twine Cording.
- Hearts from the Mini Chipboard Heart Confetti set.
- A plaque from the Mixed Shapes Mini Chipboard set.
- A Vintage Heart Box key.
- And a bow made from the Twine Cording in Blackberry.
Maya Mists used included:
I wrapped each page's edge with the same Twine Cording in Blackberry to give the album a cohesive look.
Throughout the album, I decorated various colors of the Manilla Shipping Tags with photos of myself and my husband, and my siblings and their spouses on their wedding days, as well as all of our children. Each tag is decorated with the following:
- A glittered up letter Lisa Lowercase Chipboard Alphabet
- Misted hearts from the Mini Chipboard Heart Confetti set in Dragonfruit Pink Maya Mist
- A length of Firehouse Red Vintage Tape Measure Trim
- A bit of velvet ribbon
It's a treasured album, a labor of love that was very appreciated by my parents. It's but a small payback for all they've given us, their children.