Hello Roadies, Jennifer here with a fun wreath idea that can be adapted to fit any holiday or season. This one of course, is for Easter.
- Begin by tightly wrapping Paper Twine Cording around a foam wreath. Go around the wreath, at least twice, to get good coverage. Then go around the wreath a few more times, wrapping the twine loosely.
- Next cut 3, 32" lengths of green Paper Twine. Unravel the twine, then fold each one into four sections. Use scissors to cut slits about 3/4 of the way up on all 3 of the pieces. Scrunch up the twine, then use Leaf Trinket Pins with a little glue to attach the twine to the wreath.
- Cover small and large Chipboard Blossoms with paper. Paint or ink the sides of each blossom. Layer the large chipboard blossom with the smaller one, then glue a die-cut paper flower in the middle of each. Jewel Trinket Pins were cut, then added to the center each flower.
- Attach the blossoms to the wreath with hot glue. Then add a few Pink Ball Trinket Pins around the wreath, as well.
- Cover 5 Love Banner pieces with paper, then add a scalloped border around the edge of each one. Make 2 small holes at the top of each banner piece then thread together with some thin wire. Add a letter sticker to each piece to spell out the word "Happy". Using the wire, attach the banner to the wreath.
- An Easter chick was cut out of chipboard, using a die cutting machine. The pieces were covered with paper, stitched and glittered, as shown. I even used some Fabric Tape on his legs, as you can see above. (If you don't have a die cutting machine, you could alter a store bought wood cut out, or maybe make something out of fabric.) Attach the finshed chick to the right side of the wreath using some hot glue.
- Next, take a 3" x 7" wood panel and cover with paper, to create your sign. Add a scalloped border around the edges. Then use upper and lowercase chipboard letters to spell out "Easter". Cover the letters with paper and glitter and attach them to the sign. Use some chain and Trinket Pins to attach the sign to the bottom of the wreath. Don't forget to add some glue to the pins before pushing them into the wreath.
Maya Road Supplies: Paper Twine (Earth and Grass), Leaf Trinket Pins, Pink Pearl Ball Trinket Pins, Clear Jewel Trinket Pins, Mixed Blossom Mini Chipboard, Love Chipboard Banners, Matthew Lowercase Alphabet, Matthew Uppercase Alphabet, Lisa Lowercase Alphabet and Fabric Tape.
Happy Easter, Roadies!