Hi Roadies Angella here with one of my winter CHA creations. I wanted to show that Maya road products don't always have to be about paper, you can use Maya Road for any craft project.
Meet Rag doll Maya and i had so much fun creating her, she wasn't hard and i have purposely sewn her up abit rough to give her that shabby worn look.
1. purchase or make a doll base
2. For her hair- Colour a lenght of tulle with mist
3. Glue and sew the tulle to her head - I have attached the tulle in a twirl pattern, making sure as i attach the tulle that i am covering the head fully, so i don't see any of the base.
4. Using Mist or ink colour the dolls feet - colour in the feet so it will look like boots. Do not worry about keeping it too neat as the burlap trim will cover the edge
5. Lay your base doll onto a double layer of calico or any desired fabric, and then draw a dress shape areound the doll . Cut dress out and Machine sew dress up, and Roadies I didn't worry about hiding the seams.
6. for the face - I have sewn the nose and mouth with red cotton, her eyes are scrap material with white gel pen outlining her eyes.
Roadies I do hope I have inspired you to create outside the box !
Have a great day