With Valentine's Day not too far off, now is a great time to be thinking of what to send this year. The Affectionately Yours Classic Card Kit is perfect for the event.
Today we're sharing one of the card samples created for this kit with you. The kit samples are a great way to see the kits and Maya Road product in use and our designers always have fabulous ideas and techniques you'll want to try. If you haven't visited our kit galleries, there's a lovely little tab just under the blog banner or click on this link for quick access.
We love this sweet card by Julia Stainton...it's certainly full of love. Everything to make this card is included in the kit, all you need are a few basic tools such as a paper trimmer, heart punch and some brown ink if you like the distressed look on the edges.
Here's the instructions:
- Cut black damask paper to 4.25"x5.5" and adhere to card front. Ink edges if desired.
- Punch 6 hearts from various patterned papers from the kit. Apply adhesive to back of 5 hearts and arrange in glassine envelope.
- Fold top of envelope over and fix with arrow clip.
- Adhere remaining heart to front of glassine bag where you want the stitching. Use a removable adhesive. Stitch around heart on sewing machine. For accuracy lift presser foot and pivot with needle in down position. Reapply presser foot and continue stitching. Doing this often will allow for smooth intricate curves when stitching.
- Adhere glassine envelope to card front. Tip: apply adhesive where it won't be seen under the punched heart areas.
- Cut out xoxo paper accent from patterned paper sheet. Ink edges and adhere under arrow clip.
- Tie ribbon bow around arrow clip.
- Adhere love flair button with hot glue or strong adhesive dot.