taiSo there were a couple of posts from day 6 which we will try to answer here - if we missed something you posted, so sorry, there are a lot of comments we are reviewing!
1. When will all this goodness be ready?
- The majority of the chipboard, stamp, rubon items will begin shipping to stores in mid to late August; the remainder will ship in mid to late September. Seeing how it is already mid July, there isn't too long to wait. We do have to post a caveat which is this assumes that the items coming from overseas are not held up in customs!
2. So Maya Road has rubons?
- The answer is yes! We have had rubons for about 2 years now. Here is a peek at all of the rubons we have released so far. They will soon be joined by 18 more sheets of rubons (9 styles in black or white).
3. Will an industrial strength hole punch work on the acrylic?
- From what we have tried, no. The reason is that the material our albums are made from is not flexible; if you would like to try a flexible album in our line, we would suggest our sheer albums.
4. Will there be a bird acrylic album/ will we make a large acrylic album ?
- Yes! Here is a list of the ones we will have which match (ie the same size) as the chipboard ones that we have in stock already - bird, butterfly, square accordion, scallop accordion, 4" x 6" accordion, square scallop coaster, 2 ring layer book, wings keychain. And the rest are new ones that match some new albums coming out at CHA-S.
- We have made one that matches one of our new ring albums; it is about 7" x 7" so close to the 8" x 8" dimension someone was asking about.
5. When can we purchase all the MR new goodies on the MR site?
- We plan on uploading the items when they arrive and start shipping to the stores. Since the stores fulfill the majority of the consumer orders placed on our site, we want to make sure the stores have the items to ship out to people who order from our site.
6. How do I recreate some of the beautiful albums shown here (ie acrylic, etc)?
- Always check in the Creative Corner on our website. Many of the DT projects are uploaded there with tips, etc.
- We are also planning some online activites (in conjunction with some scrapbooking manufacturers) in the Fall so make sure you are on our newsletter to keep up with that!
- And finally, this is a great story to tell - when we were sending our catalogs to the printer last week, we were speaking with our printer and they were telling us that if there was a way we could add 1 more page to our catalog, we could get a better run price on our catalog print. It was a no brainerbut we decided to print a page with a twist - we would made 2 idea cards out of the page! The problem was could we do it in 18 hours? With the help of some of our talented DT, we ended up with 2 recipe cards that we sent to the printers in the time frame. So if you would like to recreate this project:
Or this one (do you see a new album here?)
Make sure you check out your LSS to look for these free idea cards!
Ok, now onto the peeks!
Before we get to the main category peeks, check out these cute stamps - this is our dino set.
Here are the dinos in action.
And we wanted to share this with you - this is a new concept for us - remember the butterflies we showed a couple of days ago? Well related to this chipboard sheet are 2 new chipboard mini album sheets! These mini album sheets are 8" x 12" and one of them looks like this.
(Sorry this is a bad picture as this was of our concept sheet- the rest are on their way to the show!)
Anyhow, we are releasing 2 mini albums which come complete with lots of little chipboard elements! You can see here there are some scrolls, butterflies, brackets, etc. The chipboard sheet come also complete with the rings for the albums. And all of this will cost about $4.75 or less in the US!
Here is a sample of what you can do with this chipboard sheet by just adding paper and embellishments.
(Note that the actual sheets come with rings and not the ball chains). Pretty cool huh?
Now to the product peek for the day. Let's start off with a project sample:
So basically everything on this door hanger is Maya Road - except the circle jewel - the banner, the acrylic piece, the chipboards, the stamp and the new Maya Mists!
So a little bit about our concept. Since we make a lot of chipboard and die cut sheers, we wanted to find something that allowed us to easily give our chipboard a base pigment color or shimmer if we wanted to. The Maya Mist line will be 8 base colors and 3 metallics; and with this there are hundreds of combinations you can put together to make the colors you want!
Check out this example.
These 3 crowns were made using on 2 colors - red and gold metallic. If you add the gold metallic under the red, you get the red metallic crown! How cool is that?
And here is another example.
With 2 colors (blue and silver metallic) - you can come up with these 3 looks!
What about this?
This was done with charcoal and gold to get these 3 different looks!
We love the look of the base colors on the chipboard like this:
With the proper spraying technique, the coverage is even on our chipboard and looks amazing!
And finally one cool thing, you can take any of the base colors and spray them on a fabric - perhaps using our die cut sheer sheets as a mask? - and then allow to dry for 24 hours and heat set on high and the Maya Mist is permanent.
Here is a quick little boy shirt we did just to try it out (do you recognize the boy symbol as one of our sheer keychains used as a mask)?
We can't believe it is already day 7, make sure you leave a comment for a chance to win some new MR goodies!
And check back tomorrow (day 8) for total DT INSPIRATION!