i have been very busy with lots of things for CHA- it is amazing how much work a tradeshow can be! and being a small business owner - pretty much all the responsiblity falls on 4 shoulders right now - me, deb, david 1 and david 2. deb and david won't be at the show since their little one will be arriving if not by show time, soon thereafter. i have given deb a hard time about not being at the show but we will be fine. just waiting anxiously for the arrival of our niece!
i want to share with you this simple project i did a while ago:
this was one page of our house coaster album which i turned into a little home decoration. i wanted you to see the flower close up - did you see that our brown pom pom trim is used to give the flwoer that last bit of dimension? and i used some magic mesh to give some interesting texture tot he flower and the page.
here is a photo of the house as it stands:
this is a very easy to do project. i will share with you the supply list and steps - you can do it in an evening!
1. house coaster (you only need 1 page)
2. patterned paper
4. pom pom trim (brown)
10 journey tin (this is optional but i used it so that this house can be free standing)
11. scissors, black ink pad, glue, scallop punch 2"
1. spray the vine border with the maya mist. allow to dry then ink the edges. you only need about 2" of the border so save the rest for another project.
2. create the flower - punch the flower out of the patterned paper. cut out felt piece and magic mesh piece to layer flower. add the pom pom trim behind the flower (sticking out a bit so you can see it). add the metal flower (bend up the edges to give it dimension) . layer everything together and glue and then add the bling brad to secure it.
3. cover the house with the patterned paper as shown. add the magic mesh.
4. stamp the owl and the love word on the patterned paper - cut out.
5. assemble it as shown.
6. to make a stand, glue the bottom of a journey tin to the bottom back of the house. you are done!